After writing the Dave Gorman blog, I decided to spend a little while Googlewhacking – something I’ve not done in a long time. After half an hour of solid searching, I’ve yet to find a Googlewhack, but I have come across some cracking new words:
1. Novercaphobia – The Fear of Stepmothers.
2. Darbies – Handcuffs. This derived from “Darby and Joan,” because originally two prisoners were linked together as Darby and Joan.
3. Marchpane – The old English word for Marzipan, meaning ‘March Bread’.
4. Galeanthropy – The belief that you have become a cat.
5. Scandaroon – A homing pigeon.